First of all happy #HauntedThursday to all of the #HauntedThursdayFamily!
(and if you read this after Thursday, you can ignore that! ha!)
Now I know most of you including myself are saddened by the fact that we reached the final episode of Paranormal Lockdown UK!
SO! With that in mind I thought it’d be cool to do a rundown of the locations that Nick Groff and Katrina Weidman visited whilst here in the UK as well as do a re-cap on some of the amazing activity and evidence they captured!
It’s no secret that I am a HUGE Paranormal Lockdown fan and I have been from the very beginning of the series. I have a massive amount of respect for both Nick and Katrina and I admire the way the two investigate with a totally no BS approach. They are always finding new ways to experiment within the paranormal field with innovative inventions which prove to catch some amazing evidence! (Shout out to Elizabeth Saint the baddass gadget guru!)
FOR THIS BLOG we were lucky enough to get an exclusive quote from the main man himself Nick, Where he spoke about his time here in the UK.
Here’s what he had to say!
So, there we have it guys! It’s great to see that Nick was impressed with the locations that he visited whilst over here in jolly old’ England. (Fingers crossed that the two will be coming back very soon for another paranormal adventure!)
Now, let’s re-cap on some of the amazing evidence and locations from this season!
Below you will find a list of each location that Katrina and Nick visited and investigated whilst over here in the UK. I have also included the websites where appropriate so you can catch up on the history and discover more about the hauntings. (PS, Not every location has a website or detailed history as some are privately owned, But I did a little digging online and those will be accompanied by a short write up.)
I have also included a detailed re-cap of some of my favorite evidence that was captured throughout the series!
SO FYI – If you have yet to see the series…
Episode one – Shepton Mallet Prison.
Website & History: Click Here
Shepton Mallet highlights.
- A lot of shadow figures witnessed in the courtyard from both Nick and Katrina which is a regular phenomenon reported to happen at the prison.
- Captured on film – very clearly a cell door was heard slamming in ‘A’ wing. This was also where Nick had extremely disturbed sleep due to continuous banging and footsteps. An EVP was rolling throughout the night which captured unexplained voices.
- Evidence in reference to ‘The Kray Twins’ (who were once imprisoned at Shepton Mallet) — via the Geoport.
- A ‘hiss’ was clearly heard as Nick entered one of the oldest underground jail cells.
- Amazing response on the Geoport from a spirit named ‘Cassandra’ which clearly said the words ‘I don’t want to die’.
Episode Two – Drakelow Tunnels.
Website and History: Click Here
Drakelow Tunnels highlights.
- Unexplained footsteps and noises were heard and caught of film throughout the tunnels and they both heard what sounded like a ‘group’ of peoples ‘footsteps’ bounding towards them with no reasonable explanation.
- Great responses on the Geoport.
- Nick experienced battery drainage on his devices whilst alone and felt a presence. He then captured a very clear figure (of what looked like a man) walking behind him and turning into another tunnel.
- Light panel experiment and after life box showed great results.
Episode Three – The Royal Oak Pub.
Website: Click Here
Hauntings: With the building being used a courthouse and a hospital for soldiers in the past, its unsurprising that the royal oak pub holds so much energy within it’s walls. It is said that the former landlady and her daughter passed away in the property and the current owners believe their to be some kind of ‘vortex’ to the spirit realm which is why the activity is so hot at this location. Not only that but it’s also believed to be haunted by ‘Jack Stevens’ and his family.
Royal Oak pub highlights.
- Nick and Katrina both documented feeling an oppressive energy as well as static electricity.
- Unexplained banging from the downstairs rooms.
- French responses captured on the Geoport believed to be that of soldiers as well as references to a baby.
- Katrina experienced disturbed sleep sensing a darker energy and a flickering light was caught on film whilst in the vortex room as well as random bursts of extremely high EMF readings on the TriField meter.
Episode Four – The Abandoned Park Hotel.
Hauntings: Built in the 1900’s The Park hotel served as a fully functioning hotel for many years. The site is now abandoned and tales of horrific ghost stories have emerged. A lot of deaths have been reported in the hotels history and a lot of people believe the souls of these spirits to still be trapped inside of it’s walls.
Abandoned park hotel highlights.
- Katrina reported feeling an uncomfortable and oppressive feeling in the upstairs parlor room.
- Sounds of banging and footsteps heard from the upstairs rooms.
- Extremely loud and powerful disembodied ‘scream’ from a woman was picked up on the cameras audio with no logical explanation.
- Great intelligent responses via the phonetic audio device.
- A door closed on Nick and this was caught on film.
- Stick figure was caught using 3D mapping camera and they received intelligent interaction with the light panels.
- Reference to witches was made using the Geoport.
Episode Five – Skegness Hell House.
Hauntings: The Skegness Hell house has become increasingly popular with paranormal investigators over the last few years. This seemingly normal suburban house in the heart of Skegness supposedly holds an entity so terrible that it has received reference to The Enfield Haunting and 30 east drive. The family who once lived in the property have been subjected to a terrifying haunting for over the last twenty years.
Skegness Hell House Highlights.
- Both Nick and Katrina documented smelling a ‘sulfur’ like odor which can be a sign of a demonic presence.
- Unexplained banging captured throughout the home.
- Nick reported feeling dizzy and felt the entity was trying to attach to him.
- Great experiment with the E.E.G to monitor Nicks brain activity whilst he slept in Sylvia’s room. Documented vivid and intense dreams.
- Intelligent responses via the geoport in reference to the family who lived in the home as well as the name ‘Lucian’ which came up several times.
- Nick, Katrina and Rob all reported that it felt as if the entire building shook.
( SPOOKY FACT: As listed here on the blog, The Skegness Hell house was supposed to be episode 5 and Newsham Park was episode 6 but due to unforeseen circumstances on the day the hell house episode was supposed to air, it mysteriously would not work! This forced Quest Red TV to swap the episodes around for that particular week. Was this paranormal? Who knows! It’s a little strange though if you ask me! )
Episode Six– Newsham Park Hospital.
History: Click Here
Hauntings: Not only was this remarkable location once an institution for the criminally insane, before that it was also a seaman’s orphanage. Some believe that the prospect of good and bad energy combine in this location. We have actually investigated this location ourselves and It’s a place I said I would NEVER go back to simply because of the awful experience I had inside of it’s walls. I felt followed, touched and pushed around. This place certainly messed with my head.
Newsham Park Hospital Highlights.
- Katrina had the feeling of high anxiety in the kitchen area.
- Sounds of a door banging and footsteps running in the punishment hall. (which is known throughout the UK as the naughty boys corridor.)
- Great experiment with lasers and fog in the kitchen are. Documented light panels being activated at the same time responses were being received on the geoport which said ‘I lost my head’ and made reference to it ‘being sawed off’ — also received the name ‘Sid’ who was a ‘patient’.
- Outline of a figure was captured on a photo through the fog.
Episode Seven – Margam Castle.
Location: Port Talbot, Wales.
History: Click Here
Hauntings: Click Here
Margam Castle Highlights.
- Extremely loud bangs caught on the cameras audio coming from upstairs as well as the sound of footsteps.
- Katrina saw the figure of a woman sitting next to the window in the front bedroom.
- Had a clear response through the geoport after asking the spirits age it said ‘811’ And also a response saying ‘monks are here’ and ‘not good enough.’
- Nick received disturbed sleep due to what sounded like doors slamming from upstairs.
- A red glowing light anomaly was captured on camera from outside showing on a window where Emily’s room would be.
- Sounds of an item being thrown which was captured on camera.
Episode Eight – The Mill Street Barracks.
(Dead Centrals TOP PICK ⭐️ — Favourite episode.)
Location: St Helens.
History: Click Here
Hauntings: The most regular reported phenomena at The Barracks is that of an angry spirit who is known to go around pushing people and causing trouble. Other well known sightings over the years include a Man called ‘Jack’, Soldiers, Nurses and a Three legged dog called Bruce.
Mill Street Barracks Highlights.
- Loud noise of what sounded like something being dragged caught on audio whilst investigating in the basement.
- Locked off camera caught a chair moving in the main hall.
- Nick reported feeling a negative energy.
- Captured a voice saying ‘I’m Claire’ during an EVP session and also what sounded like a dog panting.
- Nick was startled after seeing a shadow rush past the door in the basement.
- Intelligent response which said the name ‘Bruce’ (which is the name of the three legged dog that has connections to the building) this was during the daytime investigation whilst using a device that generates phonetic words.
- Captured light panel censors being activated as if something crossed over them.
- Used the ‘phasma box’ in the bunkbed rooms and received some intelligent responses to their line of questioning. The name ‘Jack’ and also what sounded like a dog barking.
- Katrina saw a crescent moon shaped light anomaly.
- Captured curse words coming though the phonetic device that said ‘F**k that!’ And then captured what sounded like something ‘sparking’ described as an energy burst.
- Motion censor on the chair in the main room was activated whilst Nick and Katrina were in the basement as well as lights flickering on the EMF devices.
Episode Nine – The Kenton Theatre.
History: Click Here
Hauntings: Many reports of shadow figures have been witnessed by both staff and visitors at the Thetre and a general feeling of being watched by something unknown. Objects have moved without a reasonable explanation and staff say that they believe it to hold a lot of residual energy.
Kenton Theatre Highlights.
- Nick reported seeing a shadow move out into the audience seating area whilst stood upon the stage and Katrina said she saw something similar in the sound booth.
- Katrina saw another figure which seemed to be walking back to their seat. During a geoport session she asked who she saw and it responded ‘murderer’.
- Katrina had disturbed sleep as it sounded like someone was moving around and Nick captured a voice saying ‘Get up Nick’ on the EVP.
- The geobox said the words ‘close it’ and a few seconds later the trap door slammed shut on Nick whilst he was on the catwalk.
- Used a motion detector which was attached to a stage curtain as well as ‘ping pong’ balls set on the ground for wind detection encase of a draft. Katrina also saw another shadow in this area as witnessed later by the cameraman, Rob.
- Motion censor on the curtain was activated and the curtain was caught on camera as it moved, Nick also saw a shadow at this time as well as footsteps and movement captured coming from the stage area.
- Figure captured on 3D mapping system which looked like something ducking in and out of the curtain on the stage.
Episode Ten – Hinchingbrooke House
History: Click Here
Hauntings: The site is believed to be haunted profoundly by that of a Monk, many have witnessed a dark figure upon the grounds draped in what could only be described as a hooded Monk’s attire. There is also a very well known story of a lady in white, again, she is seen to glow and walk the grounds as well as the house and has been spotted by numerous visitors of the location.
Hinchingbrooke House Highlights.
- Katrina reported getting a pain on the side of her head as well as a ringing in her ears at the start of the investigation downstairs. Nick also saw a ‘shadow man’ standing by the doorway.
- Loud footsteps were heard coming from the hallway / upstairs and these were caught on the cameras audio.
- Using the ‘poltercom’ device, it sounded like a prayer was being said and also the words ‘leave now’.
- Katrina (several hours later) still reported feeling an extremely bad pain in her head. (One of the reports in the home is that a lady was shot in the head.) it was believed she was picking up on the emotion of that. She asked for the spirit to give her sign of a noise if she was correct and a bang was heard coming from the corner of the room.
- Received reference to a ‘black monk’ on the Poltercom device. Unsure (at the time) if this was connected to their investigation at 30 east drive. This came through multiple times throughout the second night and day.
- Nick received disturbed sleep after seeing a shadow in an underground (cellar) area which was soon followed by footsteps and a loud bang.
- Using a device activated by touch they received an intelligent response when asking if the figure in the cellar was a monk.
- On the final night they received more voices one in particular which said ‘who are you?, get out’. The light panel sensors had been set up upon the stairs and just as Nick saw a shadow move over them they activated and lit up.
- A lot of loud footsteps and bangs were heard coming from several different directions in the house.
- When asked if the body buried beneath the stairs was the black monk they received the response ‘yes’ and also had reference to the 11th century.
To finish this blog. I would just like to say what a joy it was watching Nick and Katrina as they investigated some of the most haunted locations that the UK has to offer. They really captured some amazing evidence and I really do hope they decide to come back again very soon! (And also a Massive thank you to Nick for always being a gent and supplying us with a quote!)
AND for those of you in the UK…..
QUEST OD still have some of the episodes up online for you to watch and they can be accessed by clicking HERE.
I hope you’ve enjoyed the re-cap blog and have liked delving back into some of the history, hauntings and evidence caught throughout Paranormal Lockdown UK.
It was certainly a pleasure to write about.
Until next time..
This blog was written and edited by Vicky Grant.